Everyone is going solar in Sacramento because of all the benefits. Going solar isn’t only for granola eaters anymore. Upgrading to a solar system saves you 30-75% monthly on your electric bills… but wait there’s more. If that savings statistic didn’t make you just out of your seat for solar upgrades then these following reasons to go solar will:
- We have the sun, why not use it? Don’t just let this excellent source of energy go to waste. There are 296 sunny days a year and each day you don’t have a solar system… your watching energy go down the drain.
- You can be a solar model for the rest of California. The US Department of Energy chose 25 ‘Solar America Cities’ in 2008 to model their solar energy use for cities around the nation.
- Going solar opens up more jobs to your area. Sierra College was awarded a $470,000 grant to train students how to install and use solar equipment. When you have a solar upgrade done to your home you are employing the hard working people in your area.
- You can be one of the “1,000,000 Solar Roofs Plan” which calls for one million solar roof installs in California by 2018, providing 3000 megawatts of power. As of January 5th, California leads the nation; 105,467 projects and 1070 megawatts installed.
- Protect yourself from constantly rising energy costs. Going solar gives you independence because solar homes will generate power when electricity is the most expensive.
- Tax credits as well. Solar homes also qualify for a federal income tax credit. The measures you take to become energy efficient are not only good for rebates, but it may qualify the home for an additional $2,000 in federal tax credits.
What are you waiting for? All of these reasons listed should be enough to make the changes to you home that will save you money and help save our resources one home at a time.
What are you waiting for? For more information contact us today: (916) 772-5813